Saturday, October 18, 2008

Taxi and ricshaw strike in Mumbai.

It was 16 October 2008 and i heard a news when i woke up. I got to know that there is a strike in Mumbai. There was a Taxi and rickshaw strike in Mumbai. I looked down from my home and I saw people stranded as everyone where getting late for office. My freind who usually travels from a rickshaw had to go by a bus and he told me there was a long queue.

Even i was a victim of this strike. My cousin had come to Bombay and he had some important work in Peddar road. I couldn't recommend to travel by train to him as trains are usually crowded and i expected the trains to be more crowded.

Anybody who comes from another part of India is shocked after the sight of crowded trains. People travel like sardines during the peak hours. Although new initiatives are being taken by the government and a metro rail will be ready soon, which will connect the central suburbs and and western suburbs of Bombay.

I was in a fix as my car was also in the garage. I thought about a thing and decided to hire a private taxi. Private taxis are expensive however I had to hire them as I didn't have any other option.

The private taxis must have made lotta money that day. One positive thing about this was there was not enough traffic on the road. This was a very nice site to see.

All I want to say is that, there should not be strikes like these as the common man is affected and there is also huge losses for the taxi drivers and countries economy.

No comments: