Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fort



I was recently in downtown Mumbai which lot of people call the 'town'. This is one of the coolest place anyone can be even if it is a warm day. As I am in a rock band, I was walking after getting off from CST station and took a walk from GPO towards Colaba. I was supposed to go to Colaba.

It was a warm day and I decided to walk as I wanted to enjoy the scenic beauty of the fort area in Mumbai. All I can say is that I was not disappointed. I was very happy that i took a walk in the afternoon because I saw beautiful structures such as the "town hall" library.

This is the library which is used as a court in most of the Indian movies. Opposite to this place is Horniman Circle, a beautiful garden where anybody can sit and enjoy the breeze. Horniman circle reminds me of my college days as I used to sit there after bunking lectures.

It's a very nice experience to sit on a bench and read a book under the tree whenever you are in Horniman circle. Even if somebody doesn't like reading anything, one can just watch people passing by. You will notice that everybody is very busy and rushing to their work place.

I saw lot of boys playing cricket on the streets as it was Sunday. Cricket is most popular sport in India and also in Mumbai. Sachin Tendulkar is one of the best batsmen in the world. He is from Mumbai. There were not enough vehicles on the road as it was a holiday.

Anyone can a take a tour at these places in a car or a bus however this place is best enjoyed when you are taking a walk. I would suggest trying this whenever you are in Mumbai.

When you are walking towards Colaba via Horniman circle from CST or VT, you will get a good view of the city that was made by Britishers.

I finally reached Colaba and treated myself with a coke and this walk has become one of my best memories.

No comments: